The Meadows in Wickenburg, Arizona has launched The Claudia Black Center for young adults ages 18 – 26 who are struggling with unresolved emotional trauma, addictions, or who have a dual diagnosis. Claudia’s passion to help young adults overcome obstacles and strengthen familes built the foundation of this center. Not only is she the clinical architect of this groundbreaking treatment program, she is also actively involved with the treatment team, as well as with patients and their families.
“Witnessing young adult recovery is awe-inspiring. Creating a healthy structure that provides safety allows young adults to confront their resistances, work through their fears, and become open to new ways of thinking. Being able to embrace life from a position of strength versus reactivity offers new ways to relate to others. Our mission at the Claudia Black Young Adult Center is to help young adults and their families forge recovery paths, so they can heal, blossom and thrive.”
Claudia Black Ph.D.
The Claudia Black Center provides intensive, experientially based inpatient treatment specifically tailored to young adults ages 18 to 26 who are struggling with unresolved emotional trauma, addictions, or who have a dual diagnosis. Other unique aspects of the 45 day treatment program are:
- Peer Power: We provide young adults with an opportunity to interact and engage in a small, safe, and nurturing community comprised of their peers.
- Family Matters: Through real-time webinars, we focus on the family system and embrace our patients’ family members into the process even before treatment officially begins.
- Back to Basics: Our focus on life skills empowers young adults by teaching them skills, such as problem solving, healthy communication, time management, and accountability.
- Experiential Emphasis: Our expansive array of experiential healing modalities includes offerings such as neurofeedback, mindfulness practices, equine-assisted psychotherapy, challenge courses, and trauma-informed psychodrama, along with EMDR and Somatic Experiencing (when recommended).
- A for Assessment: Our emphasis on the most current testing and assessment tools help paint an accurate picture of each patient’s status and unique needs.
- Step by Step: Twelve-step involvement provides a source of healing for our clients and their families.
Although trauma comes in many forms, young adults may be victims of circumstances, such as bullying, sexual assault, abandonment, and may have faced absent, controlling, or addicted parents. Young adults, said Dr. Black, look to their peers for acceptance, guidance, and support, so creating an empowering recovery community for this population is instrumental to the healing process. The experienced staff is committed to helping young adults overcome their often complex challenges, so they can gain a sense of their true potential and take charge of their lives.
The Claudia Black Center for young adults is here for you and your family, so call today 855.333.6075